GSC will design a new bullet if you have a wildcat or special application and cannot find a bullet in our listing. We will not design a bullet where the design has been proven in testing to be inferior to another.
Where GSC designs a bullet, the design is free of any charge up to the point where the bullet is ready for production. There is no minimum quantity then, any number of boxes may be ordered. GSC owns the design and it could be added to our regular listing.
Where GSC makes a bullet to a design that is given and for the exclusive distribution of a company or individual, an NDA can be signed and the manufacturing process can be kept in confidence. There is then an origination cost and the design is owned by the outside entity.
If you decide to have a new design, we require the following:
1. Cartridge or, if it is a wildcat, the case length is required.
2. Bore Diameter of the barrel to fourth decimal in inches (three decimals in metric).
3. Groove Diameter of the barrel to fourth decimal in inches (three decimals in metric).
4. Twist rate of the barrel. See this page for guidance.
5. Barrel length from muzzle to bolt/breech face.
6. The case volume given in water. Follow this method to calculate the volume.
7. The application of the bullet: General hunting, long range hunting, dangerous game hunting , target/tactical
8. Cartridge overall length (COL) restrictions. (Magazine length or single feed)